Welcome to StARRH
Students Association for Rural and Remote Health (StARRH) is a multidisciplinary student group at Charles Darwin University and the Flinders NT Medical Program Campus in Darwin. StARRH members include students from Nursing, Pharmacy, Medicine, Psychology, Sports and Exercise Science, Social Work and Public Health and Community
The Students Association for Rural and Remote Health is a multidisciplinary student group at Charles Darwin University and the Flinders NT Medical Program Campus in Darwin.
StARRH members include students from Nursing, Pharmacy, Medicine, Psychology, Sports and Exercise Science, Social Work and Public Health and Community Development.
StARRH provides a voice for students who are passionate about rural and remote health. We facilitate multi-disciplinary networking, professional development opportunities and experience in working in rural and remote areas. We also aim to interact and engage with people living in rural and remote areas whilst educating them about healthy lifestyle choices and educational pathways towards various health professions.
Membership in StARRH allows you to:
- Join and facilitate Rural High School Visits to educate school students about healthcare career pathways
- Attend our social events such as rodeos, bbqs and pancake breakfasts
- Listen to speakers who have worked in rural and remote healthcare
- Go on trips out bush to run activities at Indigenous Festivals
- Attend our popular Clinical Skills Nights- Learn suturing, plaster casting, cannula insertion and much more!
- Apply for funding to attend Rural and Remote Health Conferences
Network with our members and members from other clubs around Australia.
By becoming a member of your Rural Health Club, you are also a member of the National Rural Health Student Network (NRHSN). The NRHSN represents the future of rural health in Australia. It has more than 9,000 members who belong to 29 university Rural Health Clubs from all states and territories. It is Australia’s only multi-disciplinary student health network, bringing together people studying medicine, nursing and allied health, encouraging them to pursue rural health careers. It is important to keep your details up-to-date to ensure your RHC and the NRHSN can keep you informed of everything exciting that’s happening in rural health.
- STARRHSomething goes here